This was the easiest dish for this session. You can use store bought spaghetti for this as well but we decided to make our fettuccine from scratch. Here is the fettuccine recipe we used.
1 cup flour, sifted
1 egg (Grade A)
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Beat the egg lightly with the water and olive oil.
2. Make a well in the pile of the flour and add in the egg.
4. Knead the dough until it is smooth, firm and dry. Add more flour bit by bit if it is not dry or firm enough. (If it is soft and sticky, it will stick to your pasta maker and it is not an easy task to take out the dried pasta from the pasta maker)
5. Divide your dough into a few balls and roll the dough to your desired thickness. First roll the pasta a few times using the thickest setting. Then, roll in the thinner setting once each until you reached your desired thickness. (For example, after 10 times rolling at 0, you roll once at 1, once at 2 and once at 3 if that is your desired thickness)
And here is the Aglio Olio recipe:
1/5 cup Anchovy fillets
7 dried chillies, chopped coarsely
7 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/5 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
300g squids, boiled with a pinch of salt and tamarind juiceFresh pasta / half a packet of store bought pasta
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta until al dente (No more white spot, firm enough to bite yet cooked). Drain immediately (so it won't continue to cook in the hot water).
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the garlic and dried chillies until it speaks.
3. Add in anchovies and stir until anchovies are cooked.
4. Add in the cooked squids.
5. Toss in pasta and stir until well mixed.
6. Add parsley and black pepper. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
I love this dish the most! I heard it's a hit among the partners as well :)